AliExpress has become a household name for online shopping enthusiasts worldwide. As one of the largest online marketplaces, it offers a wide variety of products at affordable prices, with shipping options to almost anywhere in the world.
While setting up shipping details can be done during checkout, there may be times when we need to change our shipping address before or after placing an order. To change your shipping address before placing an order, simply update your address information in your account settings.
If you need to change your shipping address after placing an order, AliExpress unfortunately does not provide an option to do so directly as your item may have already been shipped out.
Nevertheless, there are a few viable workarounds and we will provide you with an in-depth guide. We’ll also share some tips to ensure your packages arrive at the correct destination.
Changing Your Shipping Address on AliExpress
You’ll be able to change your shipping address on AliExpress before placing an order directly in your account settings. It’s a straightforward process that can be done in just a few steps.
This section guides you on changing your shipping address using a desktop-baed web browser.
- Log into Your AliExpress Account – Open the AliExpress website and sign in with your login credentials.
- Access Your AliExpress Profile – Click on the “My AliExpress” tab at the top right corner of the screen to access your profile.
- Locate “My Shipping Addresses” – Click on the “My Orders” section, go to the “My Shipping Addresses” section, and click on the “Edit” button below the active address.
- Change Your Shipping Address – Select the address you want to change and edit the fields as needed, such as the recipient’s name, address, and contact information.
- Confirm Your Changes – Check that the new shipping address details are correct, and click on the “Save Changes” button. You can also set the new address as your default shipping address by selecting the checkbox at the bottom of the screen.
- Save Your Changes – Your updated shipping address will now be saved in your AliExpress account and applied to any new orders made thereafter.
Changing your shipping address on AliExpress’s mobile interface differs slightly from the desktop interface. If you’re planning to change your shipping details in the AliExpress app, simply follow the below instructions.
- Open the AliExpress App on Your Device – Locate and tap on the AliExpress app on your mobile device and sign in with your login credentials.
- Access Your AliExpress Profile – Tap on the account icon at the screen’s bottom right corner to access your profile.
- Locate “Shipping and Trace” – Tap on the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen to access the settings, and then select “Shipping and Trace”.
- Enable Editing Interface – Click on the “Edit” button located below your current address.
- Update Your Shipping Address – Enter the new address you want to use, and ensure all the fields are filled in correctly.
- Save Your Changes – Click on the “Save” button in order to save the changes. Verify that your address has been updated by checking the address field.
How Do I Change My Shipping Address on AliExpress After I Have Made a Purchase?
AliExpress allows you to modify or change your shipping address only before placing the order. This is because the seller may have already shipped your order and could now be in transit.
Once you have placed your order, you may need to contact the seller or the delivery agent at the destination to make any changes beyond that point. In this section, we will go over how to change your shipping address on AliExpress after making a purchase.
Contact the Seller
The first step you can take is to contact the seller immediately through private messages on the AliExpress platform. Politely explain the issue and ask if it is still possible to change your shipping address.
You are all set if the seller agrees to change the address (only possible if the order has not been dispatched or shipped yet). However, if the seller has not responded after some time or they refuse to change the address, you may need to cancel the order or collect the order that the initial shipping address.
Cancel the Order
In the event that you are unable to request a change of shipping details, the next course of action is to try to cancel the order. By canceling your order, you are able to amend your shipping details using the steps in the guide above before placing your order for the same items again – just make sure that the order hans’t shipped yet.
To cancel the order, click the “Cancel order” button on your order page. Thereafter, the seller would need to accept the cancellation of the order to complete this process.
If the seller does not respond to your request within 72 hours, your order would still be canceled and you will be refunded. Take note that you can only cancel your order if the item has not been shipped yet.
Try Contacting the Courier
Once the order has been shipped, you are no longer able to cancel the order and there is little that the seller can do to help. In such cases, you would need to track your order closely and contact your local courier as soon as the order arrives in your country.
Unfortunately, if the item has already been delivered, there is nothing more that you can do. However, if the order has not been delivered or if it shows that the delivery was unsuccessful as some may require signatures upon receipt, you can reach out to request to pick up the item at the courier office instead.
Negotiate a Partial Refund
If your shipment is registered and no one signs for it after a few delivery attempts, the order will be returned to the shipper. You can negotiate with your seller for a partial refund and tell them you will repurchase the item with the the correct shipping address.
This may be a viable workaround if your old shipping address or the courier’s office is too far too collect your order.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This section addresses common queries related to changing shipping addresses on AliExpress. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions:
When Should I Change My Shipping Address?
You should change your shipping address if you notice a mistake in the existing address, have recently relocated, or want to have the item shipped to a different location, such as your office or a friend’s place. It is good practice to double-check your shipping details before completing a purchase.
How Often Can I Change My Shipping Address?
You can change your shipping address as often as you want. However, after you have placed an order and completed the payment, the order will move to the processing stage, and changing your delivery address will depend on the seller’s acceptance.
If the seller accepts it, they will proceed with the new address. If not, you should cancel the order immediately and reorder with the correct shipping address.
How Many Shipping Addresses Can I Have?
There is no specified limit to the number of shipping addresses you can have. If you experience any issues adding more shipping addresses, you can contact AliExpress customer support to identify and resolve the issue. It’s common to store multiple shipping addresses on AliExpress.
Here some examples:
- Your home address
- Your work address
- Your friend’s address
- A PO box
Follow us on
Co-Founder & Writer
About the Author
Gerrit is a certified international supply chain management professional with 16 years of industry experience, having worked for one of the largest global freight forwarders.
As the co-founder of freightcourse, he’s committed to his passion for serving as a source of education and information on various supply chain topics.