Speed of delivery is one of the most critical factors when it comes to online deliveries, which SHEIN, the popular online fashion retailer, understands. In light of this, they have taken various steps to ensure that customers receive their orders quickly.
While their vast supply chain network helps provide customers with the fastest delivery at the lowest possible cost, some customers may still face delays in receiving their orders, particularly during the order processing step.
Hence, SHEIN has introduced a feature called “Urging Dispatch”, which allows customers to have their shipments expedited during the stage where the order is being processed. In this article, we’ll share what exactly this feature does, how to urge dispatch on SHEIN, and when you should make use of it. Let’s get started!
What Does Urging Dispatch Do?
Clicking on the “Urging Dispatch” button sends a request to SHEIN that you want them to look into your order and determine whether it can be expedited. This allows them to investigate your order’s status and decide whether it can be prioritized for faster shipment.
If SHEIN determines that your order is experiencing a delay in processing they may be able to expedite your order so that you are able to receive your order in a more timely manner.
However, while the “Urging Dispatch” option is available to all customers, not all orders may be expedited and are dependent on SHEIN’s assessment. They will evaluate the circumstances and decide the appropriate course of action based on their internal processes and resources. This ensures that they can effectively manage order fulfillment while meeting customer expectations.
When You Should Consider Urging Dispatch
People typically use urge dispatch on SHEIN if they notice that their shipment is not being processed or if it’s stuck at some stage in the supply chain without receiving any further updates. However, there are other reasons for using this option as well, which we’ve listed below.
- If Your Item Isn’t Being Dispatched Timely – When you notice you’re not receiving any shipment updates on your order, it might be necessary to consider urging dispatch. This can be particularly important if your order has been in the processing stage for a prolonged period.
- If You Are Purchasing a Gift – Opting for expedited shipping can ensure timely delivery when purchasing a gift for someone, especially if the item needs to arrive at a specific date. Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, or any other special occasion, ensuring the gift arrives on time can be crucial to making the recipient feel valued.
- If It’s an Item for an Event – Planning for a special event or occasion like a wedding or a birthday celebration requires careful consideration of all the necessary aspects. If you find yourself in a situation where you need a particular item for the event, urging dispatch can help ensure that it reaches you in time.
- If You’re Making an Urgent Purchase – There are times when you find yourself in urgent need of certain items, especially in cases where you require replacements. In such situations, urging dispatch can be highly beneficial.
- If You’re Going to Travel – Whether it’s a travel adapter, a camera, or your favorite travel-friendly gadget, the last thing you want is to be without it when you’re already on the road. In such cases, it’s wise to consider urging dispatch, ensuring that your much-needed item reaches you before you embark on your journey.
- If You’re Buying Items with Limited Stock – We’ve all experienced the disappointment of finding something we love only to discover it’s available in limited quantities. This can be anything from trendy fashion to highly popular gadgets and devices. Ultimately, items with limited stock tend to sell out quickly. So, if you see an item on SHEIN that catches your eye and must have it, you can try urging dispatch to reduce the chances of it selling out before your order is processed and shipped out.
How to Urge Dispatch on SHEIN
Customers can quickly urge dispatch on SHEIN by visiting the order tracking page and clicking “Urging Dispatch”. However, for those who aren’t familiar with this, here is a step-by-step guide that will help you urge dispatch through the SHEIN website and app:
Urging Dispatch on the SHEIN Website
One way to urge dispatch on SHEIN is through their website. Doing this is convenient and simple. Start by following these steps:
- Navigate to the tracking page after logging into your SHEIN account. This page will provide you with real-time updates on the status of your order.
- Once you’re on the tracking page, carefully review your order details. Double-check that the items and shipping address are correct.
- Next, locate the “Urging Dispatch” button. This button is specifically designed to expedite the dispatch process.
- Once you’ve located the “Urging Dispatch” button, click on it. This action will notify the SHEIN team, highlighting your urgency for the order to be dispatched promptly.
Urging Dispatch on the SHEIN App
Urging Dispatch on the SHEIN can also be done through the app (Android or iOS). The process is similar and you’ll be able to follow the steps below to urge dispatch for your order.
- Open the SHEIN app on your device and log in to your account.
- Once you’re logged in, navigate to the “My Orders” section. This section displays all your previous and current orders.
- Find the specific order that you want to urge for faster dispatch. Tap on the order to open the tracking page.
- On the tracking page, locate the “Urging Dispatch” button. It is usually located near the shipping details or order status. Click on this button so that the SHEIN team receives your request.
Are There Any Costs Associated with Urging Dispatch?
No, there are no additional costs associated with using the “Urging Dispatch” feature. SHEIN understands the importance of timely delivery and strives to meet its customers’ needs. However, the possibility of expediting the processing and dispatching phase depends on various factors that SHEIN will consider.
If you require a faster and more reliable delivery option, it is recommended to opt for express shipping instead of relying on urging dispatch. However, it’s important to remember that express shipping does come with additional fees compared to standard delivery.
On the other hand, it offers the benefit of faster delivery, which is practical for urgent deliveries. If you have any questions related to the “Urging Dispatch” feature, it’s best that you reach out to a SHEIN customer service representative for more information.
Co-Founder & Writer
About the Author
Gerrit is a certified international supply chain management professional with 15 years of industry experience, having worked for one of the largest global freight forwarders.
As the co-founder of freightcourse, he’s committed to his passion for serving as a source of education and information on various supply chain topics.